Hedjuk: semi-circular hazelnut
Hedjuk bags are a reflection on the transformation of matter and the passage from two to three dimensions. They are an experiment on pattern and crafting systems, a game with primary geometries.
This bag is formed by three pieces of leather modelled to acquire a geometric and rigid shape. It is sewn entirely by hand using cross seams on the edges to reinforce its primitive character and contrast with its geometry. All the edges have been burnished and hand painted with water-based paints. The handle is completely integrated into the structure of the bag and has an intermediate size that allows it to be hung from the arm or shoulder.
Colour: aged Hazelnut, with different colour gradations.
It is made of Spanish leather of first quality and vegetable tanned, free of chromium and heavy metals. It has no lining, so you can appreciate the leather on both sides. The detail of the flap is ash wood. The inner pockets are made of soft natural undyed pad.
Capacity: 28 cm (width) x 16 cm (height) x 7,5 cm (depth).
Total dimension: 28 cm (width) x 36 cm (alheighto) x 8,5 cm (depth).
Option 1: hang it over your shoulder.
Option 2: carry it on your hand.
* The vegetable tanning leather has an open pore. It can be periodically hydrated, getting it to age naturally and being more durable. Likewise, this quality will make it darken with the passage of time and exposure to the sun, creating a patina of its own.
* Being tanned leather to the vegetable that has been wet during the modelling process, it is evidenced in a more forceful way small scars, stretch marks and natural folds of the leather that gives a unique character to each bag.
* We believe that we should make the most of the resources and the leather we use has undergone natural tanning processes, not chrome, for this reason it may present small variations in its colour and grain or traces of marks of the leather that will appear as a subtle pattern, bringing to each bag a unique character.
* As the manufacturing process is entirely handmade, the overall geometry is not perfect.
* This piece is limited edition and bears a serial number.
* Designed and handmade one by one in our studio-workshop located in Malaga, Spain.