The Nerja handbag line is inspired by the primitive, the essential and the structural. They are a reflection on the usual predominance of technique over material in the construction of an object. On the enduring, tradition and how handmade production techniques can overcome geographical barriers.
It is a medium-sized bag. It consists of a wooden handle and a braided leather structure that holds and safeguards a canvas bag while folding over itself generating a small pocket. A removable and adjustable strap of maximum length 120 cm is included.
Structure in premium leather: vegetable and national origin tanned in natural colour. Burnished bag with hand-dyed edges of the central part using water- based paints. Strap edges undyed. Interior 100% cotton canvas in bone colour with a natural vegetable tanned leather pocket. Handle in oak wood. Nickel-free magnetic gold clasps.
Dimension: 27 cm (width) x 27 cm (height) x 2 cm (depth)
Inner capacity: 26 cm (width) x 20 cm (height) x 2 cm (depth)
* The vegetable tanning leather has an open pore. It can be periodically hydrated, getting it to age naturally and being more durable. Likewise, this quality will make it darken with the passage of time and exposure to the sun, creating a patina of its own.
* Being tanned leather to the vegetable that has been wet during the modelling process, it is evidenced in a more forceful way small scars, stretch marks and natural folds of the leather that gives a unique character to each bag.
* We believe that we should make the most of the resources and the leather we use has undergone natural tanning processes, not chrome, for this reason it may present small variations in its colour and grain or traces of marks of the leather that will appear as a subtle pattern, bringing to each bag a unique character.
* As the manufacturing process is entirely handmade, the overall geometry is not perfect.
* This piece is limited edition and bears a serial number.
* Designed and handmade one by one in our studio-workshop located in Malaga, Spain.